The Musician’s Company believe talent can achieve great things with the right support. Their prizes and awards for young musicians are funded through the Company’s endowment income, charitable gifts and legacies. They also celebrate lifelong contribution with ‘Service to Music’ awards.
The Company’s awards include:
- Musicians’ Company Awards for postgraduate study
- Constant and Kit Lambert Fellowship and Studentships for postgraduate study at the Royal College of Music
- Company Jazz Awards for both young jazz musicians and lifetime achievers
- Ivor Mairants Guitar Award for young jazz-influenced guitarists
- Collard Fellowship for young established professionals experiencing financial difficulty
- Musicians’ Company Awards recognising lifetime achievements in music
- Carnwath Piano Scholarship for postgraduate study
- Brass Band Awards including the Iles and Mortimer Medals for services to the brass band movement and Diplomas of Honour for lifetime achievement
Many of the award winners become Yeomen of the Company, a position that actively involves them in supporting the Company’s activities, particularly through outreach work.